Monday, February 22, 2010

Curried Chicken Salad

This recipe I made up myself, based on a dish I had at a cafe once. I don't actually ever measure the ingredients, but just judge by look and taste, so feel free to adjust the amounts based on your personal preference. This is my best guess as to the proportions I use. This is one of our favorite ways to eat leftover roast chicken and it works with turkey breast as well. I like to have this with some spring greens and a piece of toast, and Zoe loves it in her school lunch with a croissant.

Curried Chicken Salad

2 cups cooked and coarsely chopped and/or shredded chicken
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 Tbs. light sour cream
1 1/2 tsp. yellow curry powder
1 1/2 cups red grapes (cut in half if you have the time)
1/3 cup toasted pecans (to top when you serve it)

Mix it all together, adding the pecans when you serve so they don't get soggy. The rest keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment