Saturday, August 14, 2010

Zucchini Soup aka Pizza Soup

Here it is. I can't even remember who recommended this to me, but it's a great way to use up zucchini and tomatoes from the garden. I'm a little more generous with the veggies and skimpy with the sausage than she recommends, and I've been known to slip in greens like swiss chard at the last minute, but we all love the many variations. We usually use mozzarella to top it. Zoe dubbed it pizza soup because that's what it tastes like and it sounds so much more appetizing than zucchini soup. Think tomatoes, italian sausage and peppers. We had it last night with some ciabatta bread from the farmer's market. Cherries for dessert.

The only drawback is eating a hot soup in the summer. I don't recommend it on the hottest days. It freezes quite well, though and is fantastically hearty in the middle of the winter.

http://marzipanmom.blogspot.com/2008/09/zucchini-soup.html

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten about this! I'll have to make it again. I'm hoping it cools down a bit so cooking in general will sound more appealing.

    ReplyDelete