Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cooking in the Kiln






























I haven't been cooking much food lately because I've been spending a lot of time "cooking" pottery.

I pulled a couple of glaze firings out this weekend and have 3 or 4 whole shelves of beautiful work just waiting for Christmas shoppers (just give me a call if you want to come get first dibs).






I'm eager to get to work on a new batch, so if there's some particular item you're looking for, let me know and I'll try to include it. I want to have at least twice as much stuff heading into the Holiday season and try selling some on Etsy and at the Ellis Holiday Shoppe this year to come closer to breaking even with my costs.





So our dinner menu this week:
Sun: leftover food from tamale party
Mon: fresh tomato soup with melted cheese sandwiches
Tues: frozen pizza (storebought) with sauteed shredded butternut (cooks quicker that way)
Wed: bean and veggie pesto soup
Thurs: frozen burritos (I made them with leftover taco fixings a couple of weeks ago), lettuce & tomato
Fri: Pad Thai
Sat: frozen tamales (left from tamale party), green salad with guacamole dressing

As you can see, we had several meals from the freezer, and other three meals all took under 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I need the berry bowl in turquoise. And maybe a bowl, and some more mugs. I love that color. As in, L O V E.

    ReplyDelete