Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Is it possible to have too many truffles?






I think the answer might be yes. Most certainly, it's possible to make too many. Remind me never to make so many in one day ever again. It stopped being fun about halfway through. However, I'm sure I'll start to forget that by tomorrow when I'm enjoying eating them. We followed the recipe in Fine Cooking, and used Ghirardelli's dark chocolate chips in the ganache and Trader Joe's pound plus chocolate bars for dipping. They take a lot longer to make than I expected, but then we ended up making more than I expected, too. About 200? Plus dipped strawberries and ginger and dried apricots.

We just had to try all our flavor combo ideas:
mint with peppermint on top
dark chocolate orange
Mexican (cinnamon almond)
hazelnut
Irish creme
Ancho chile
wasabi and ginger

If I ever do this again, I'm not doing more than 2 flavors.

Here's Fine Cooking's interactive create your own truffle recipe.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. I had the same feeling last time I made truffles, but boy I had not problem eating them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. Looking forward to tasting them tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, a day later: I just had a couple. And they're so good, I'm thinking we're going to have to make them again. Just not so many or so many flavors next time. Though we may have to argue a bit about which flavors. Zoe's voting for trying a coconut milk version next time.

    ReplyDelete