Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Z's booth


Here's a photo of Z's booth at the Holiday Shoppe. She seemed a little disappointed at the end of the evening that she hadn't sold more of her work (she had a few tote bags left over), but that had a lot to do with the fact that she severely underestimated her profits. Once we counted up the cash, she was thrilled. She sold out of her sock animals and made 3 more while girls waited. At one point, when I went to see how things were going, she was sewing away, and there was a girl standing there waiting to buy it as soon as she finished. I saw some pretty happy girls walking around with their sock animals.

5 comments:

  1. I guess this means she sold the giraffe. I kinda loved that thing. Do you think I could convince her to make 3 more? I think they would make great stocking stuffers for my little monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you could. She was pretty proud of that giraffe. She doesn't have more of that same sock print, but she does have another that is giraffe like, so she could do another giraffe and a couple of other creatures. Maybe you'd want to come take a look at what colors/patterns she has and talk to her about what animals would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how everything looks unique and beautiful. At the MFA of Boston, Oceanne picked out a book to make animals out of socks. She is enjoying it so far .
    Does she have anything left ? We would love to buy some for gifts - Let me know when, I will be close by some morning next week . Thx-

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does have a few of the purses and totes left, and could make animals to order. Let's set up a time for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great stuff! I'm impressed by Z's skills as a seamstress! I would totally have been one of those girls patiently waiting for a stuffed sock creature.

    ReplyDelete